Australia-India predictions

LIVE Cricket Quizzes, Trivia and Games Forum
User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:00 am

raja wrote:
Paddles wrote:
I smile when I see the most English of names on an Indian gentleman including surname...


Just to clarify, seeing the most English of names on an Indian gentleman does not necessarily mean the person is Anglo-Indian.

India has a lot of Christians who have nothing to do with Anglo descent. They converted to Christianity over the years/centuries.

Many (not all) have the most English of names like James Wilson. :-)

You'll find many of them in Kerala - which in a way is a microcosm of true religious integration, with sizeable populations of Hindus, Muslims, Christians and even Jews. The earliest churches, mosques and synagogues in India were all in Kerala.

Staying with the term "Anglo-Indian", it is used rather loosely in India - it doesn't mean only Indians of English/British descent. It is also used for all those Indians of Portuguese descent. Goa (now part of India) was Portuguese territory till as late as 1961. There are a whole lot of Indians from Goa who, or whose ancestors, were of Portuguese descent. Typically names like D'Silva, D'Costa, Rodrigues, Mascarenhas, D'Mello and so on.


I would not consider those names to be Anglo in the least. But Goa and the Potugese mixing with Indians gave me my favourite food on the planet.... vindaloo. I love sagwala as well...

And the Indians who went to South Africa and added the coriander with chilli flavour to Biltong - I love you all :-)
Last edited by Paddles on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:01 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
Just answer the question. I didn't ask for a lecture on your idiocy.


You're in an extra foul mood today, I take it this conversation is not making you smile?


Just tell me why that scenario you mentioned makes you smile.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:06 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
You're in an extra foul mood today, I take it this conversation is not making you smile?


Just tell me why that scenario you mentioned makes you smile.


Just tell me why you don't understand the causes of people smiling? Are you on the spectrum? I would think not - because they're normally gifted in some way... Are you gifted in some way (to be fair I have never seen you paint a picture) - or just don't understand the causes of people smiling?


:-)
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
Just tell me why that scenario you mentioned makes you smile.


Just tell me why you don't understand the causes of people smiling? Are you on the spectrum? I would think not - because they're normally gifted in some way... Are you gifted in some way (to be fair I have never seen you paint a picture) - or just don't understand the causes of people smiling?


:-)


So you're going to avoid answering the question. What are you afraid of?

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Just tell me why you don't understand the causes of people smiling? Are you on the spectrum? I would think not - because they're normally gifted in some way... Are you gifted in some way (to be fair I have never seen you paint a picture) - or just don't understand the causes of people smiling?


:-)


So you're going to avoid answering the question. What are you afraid of?


Perhaps a swearing Australian asking me why Anglo-Indian mixed culture is something that I should smile about?

Why do you not smile at Anglo-Indian mixed culture?
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
So you're going to avoid answering the question. What are you afraid of?


Perhaps a swearing Australian asking me why Anglo-Indian mixed culture is something that I should smile about?


That's not what I asked. All I asked was "why".

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:28 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Perhaps a swearing Australian asking me why Anglo-Indian mixed culture is something that I should smile about?


That's not what I asked.


I never said what you asked.

What you asked was and I quote verbatim "So you're going to avoid answering the question. What are you afraid of?"

I am not trying to misrepresent what you asked Katto... stop being so paranoid...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:29 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Perhaps a swearing Australian asking me why Anglo-Indian mixed culture is something that I should smile about?


That's not what I asked. All I asked was "why".


And I am asking you - why do you not know what makes people smile?
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:33 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
That's not what I asked.


I never said what you asked.

What you asked was and I quote verbatim "So you're going to avoid answering the question. What are you afraid of?"

I am not trying to misrepresent what you asked Katto... stop being so paranoid...


That's exactly what you're doing and you've done it before which is why I labeled you toxic.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
I never said what you asked.

What you asked was and I quote verbatim "So you're going to avoid answering the question. What are you afraid of?"

I am not trying to misrepresent what you asked Katto... stop being so paranoid...


That's exactly what you're doing and you've done it before which is why I labeled you toxic.


Please quote where I misrepresented you in this thread...

Pretty sure I have merely quoted or once cut and paste your statements in speech-marks...

I am not even triggering you now it would appear on the basis of this, you are triggering yourself...

Perhaps you find me quoting you toxic? I'm no Sigmund Freud, but maybe try saying things you find less toxic when quoted back to you...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
Why?


Why not? Should I be unhappy and angry about it? I mean I never really bought into racial and white purity - perhaps as an Australian you wish to share why I should not smile about such things? I mean I studied White Australia as a political policy of Australia, but never heard the views from a living breathing Australian before. Tell me your views on Racial Purity...


your words

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Why not? Should I be unhappy and angry about it? I mean I never really bought into racial and white purity - perhaps as an Australian you wish to share why I should not smile about such things? I mean I studied White Australia as a political policy of Australia, but never heard the views from a living breathing Australian before. Tell me your views on Racial Purity...


your words


Indeed they are...

Where do they remotely attempt to misrepresent you?

Now I know you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. So I will give you a head start.

In fact - nowhere does it attempt to misrepresent you... Nowhere does it claim to entail your view in synopsis nor full. Where in your opinion does it? Or are you just demonstrating your illiteracy?

And be careful - your views on racial purity could be that it is totally and utterly wrong, irrelevant, non-issue or essential ... or anywhere in between... :-)

Here is a start point on White Australia in case you thought I was making it up... follow the footnotes. Trust me - it existed and was real - it is not just some made up wikipedia page... It is taught in the world history and politics courses around the world... NZ and CAn vs USA and Aus are the obviously United Nations examples on migrant politics with indigenous. Not trying to upset you - this is textbook politics courses AROUND THE WORLD... like I said - I studied politics among other things...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

Katto - if you were 1/2 as smart as you think you are, you would know the difference between fact and opinion. Which you have already demonstrated today that you clearly struggle with. This is just my opinion... Based on the fact of you not discerning the difference between fact and opinion and representing opinion as fact...
Last edited by Paddles on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

Halo
CF Regular
CF Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Location: brisbane/maleny
Australia

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Halo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:59 am

Paddles wrote:
Halo wrote:Originally the British countries had single names let's say Robert then if you were stout you got Robert the gross to distinguish you from red haired Robert.
Finally Robert Gross and Robert Reid resulted. WBE.
Then Robert had a son. You know the rest.


Robert is a Germanic name...

And single named Robert would have been from a town...

So It was Robert of Loxley for instance...

British includes Celtic names where the clans matters..

You're really talking "English" not "British".

My father is English. My Grand-father is Scottish. They're both British. There is a big difference in naming conventions... But because of my grand-father - I have a clan surname...

Which I thought i had made clear to everyone in my earlier post. I guess not.

With many exceptions, English names were a christian or first name of Pagan/Germanic/Romance/Celt origins then followed by a surname equivalent of a town or village, then they went to occupation and this was passed down, then they homogenized.

For Celtic names - the clan was the surname. Because one remains part of the clan no matter where they are.



That was from World Book Encyclopedia.
My surname is a town you condescending narcissist!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 am

Halo wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Robert is a Germanic name...

And single named Robert would have been from a town...

So It was Robert of Loxley for instance...

British includes Celtic names where the clans matters..

You're really talking "English" not "British".

My father is English. My Grand-father is Scottish. They're both British. There is a big difference in naming conventions... But because of my grand-father - I have a clan surname...

Which I thought i had made clear to everyone in my earlier post. I guess not.

With many exceptions, English names were a christian or first name of Pagan/Germanic/Romance/Celt origins then followed by a surname equivalent of a town or village, then they went to occupation and this was passed down, then they homogenized.

For Celtic names - the clan was the surname. Because one remains part of the clan no matter where they are.



That was from World Book Encyclopedia.
My surname is a town you condescending narcissist!


I'm not pretty enough to be a narcissist. Not commenting on whether I was condescending to you given your surname is a town and that proves me correct :P
Last edited by Paddles on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
your words


Indeed they are...

Where do they remotely attempt to misrepresent you?

Now I know you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. So I will give you a head start.

In fact - nowhere does it attempt to misrepresent you... Nowhere does it claim to entail your view in synopsis nor full. Where in your opinion does it? Or are you just demonstrating your illiteracy?

And be careful - your views on racial purity could be that it is totally and utterly wrong, irrelevant, non-issue or essential ... or anywhere in between... :-)

Here is a start point on White Australia in case you thought I was making it up... follow the footnotes. Trust me - it existed and was real - it is not some made wikipedia page...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

Katto - if you were 1/2 as smart as you think you are, you would know the difference between fact and opinion. Which you have already demonstrated today that you clearly struggle with. This is just my opinion... Based on the fact of you not discerning the difference between fact and opinion and representing opinion as fact...


Why did you even bring this up? Why are you attributing a motivation to me when you don't know what it is?

All I asked was why you said this...

Paddles wrote:I smile when I see the most English of names on an Indian gentleman including surname...


What was your motivation?

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Indeed they are...

Where do they remotely attempt to misrepresent you?

Now I know you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. So I will give you a head start.

In fact - nowhere does it attempt to misrepresent you... Nowhere does it claim to entail your view in synopsis nor full. Where in your opinion does it? Or are you just demonstrating your illiteracy?

And be careful - your views on racial purity could be that it is totally and utterly wrong, irrelevant, non-issue or essential ... or anywhere in between... :-)

Here is a start point on White Australia in case you thought I was making it up... follow the footnotes. Trust me - it existed and was real - it is not some made wikipedia page...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

Katto - if you were 1/2 as smart as you think you are, you would know the difference between fact and opinion. Which you have already demonstrated today that you clearly struggle with. This is just my opinion... Based on the fact of you not discerning the difference between fact and opinion and representing opinion as fact...


Why did you even bring this up? Why are you attributing a motivation to me when you don't know what it is?

All I asked was why you said this...

Paddles wrote:I smile when I see the most English of names on an Indian gentleman including surname...


What was your motivation?


1 I attributed no motivation to you at all. No assumptions nor conclusions on motivation at all (bar you not knowing the difference between fact and opinion - I can prove that)
2 If you do not know what motivates smiles in yourself or further people, perhaps you should look into it and do your own homework?
Last edited by Paddles on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:03 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
Why did you even bring this up? Why are you attributing a motivation to me when you don't know what it is?

All I asked was why you said this...



What was your motivation?


If you do not know what motivates smiles in yourself or further people, perhaps you should research it?


Just answer the question you dolt.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:04 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
If you do not know what motivates smiles in yourself or further people, perhaps you should research it?


Just answer the question you dolt.


Why? You don't answer my questions...

Do your own homework...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:08 am

And do you really think calling me a dolt is a smart way to have me answer your questions?
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:08 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
Just answer the question you dolt.


Why? You don't answer my questions...

Do your own homework...


I asked first before you went off on an unhinged tangent.

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 am

Paddles wrote:And do you really think calling me a dolt is a smart way to have me answer your questions?


Who do you think you are?

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 am

The fact you're avoiding this question suggests you have something to hide now Paddles.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Why? You don't answer my questions...

Do your own homework...


I asked first before you went off on an unhinged tangent.


And I really couldn't care less if you asked first or second...

You do not know the difference between fact and opinion...

Katto - in my experience all you do is ad hominem. If I starve you of further ad homiem and leave you in the abstract with logic - you're unable to tell the difference between fact and opinion... and just embarrass yourself...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:And do you really think calling me a dolt is a smart way to have me answer your questions?


Who do you think you are?


Paddles
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 am

Katto wrote:The fact you're avoiding this question suggests you have something to hide now Paddles.


Like smiles? No - I smile publicly...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:16 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
I asked first before you went off on an unhinged tangent.


And I really couldn't care less if you asked first or second...

You do not know the difference between fact and opinion...

Katto - in my experience all you do is ad hominem. If I starve you of further ad homiem and leave you in the abstract with logic - you're unable to tell the difference between fact and opinion... and just embarrass yourself...


No, that's what you do and when someone returns fire in blunter terms you cannot handle it and cry.
I never attack anyone personally unless they fire first and you've done this on countless occasions.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
And I really couldn't care less if you asked first or second...

You do not know the difference between fact and opinion...

Katto - in my experience all you do is ad hominem. If I starve you of further ad homiem and leave you in the abstract with logic - you're unable to tell the difference between fact and opinion... and just embarrass yourself...


No, that's what you do and when someone returns fire in blunter terms you cannot handle it and cry.
I never attack anyone personally unless they fire first and you've done this on countless occasions.


Okay... It is true, I am lying in a ball right and sobbing my little heart out. You have really cut me to the quick Katto. Do you feel good as a bully now?

Keep telling yourself this as read back on this thread and desperately search for where I fired first (you know the fact and opinion thing is true as it happened earlier this afternoon)...

I am bored Katto... try your best... Or is this really all you have? =-)

Katto - if and when you do, why do you smile?
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
No, that's what you do and when someone returns fire in blunter terms you cannot handle it and cry.
I never attack anyone personally unless they fire first and you've done this on countless occasions.


Okay... It is true, I am lying in a ball right and sobbing my little heart out. You have really cut me to the quick Katto. Do you feel good as a bully now?

Keep telling yourself this as read back on this thread and desperately search for where I fired first (you know the fact and opinion thing is true as it happened earlier this afternoon)...

I am bored Katto... try your best... Or is this really all you have? =-)

Katto - if and when you do, why do you smile?


...and there's the inevitable meltdown^ :roll:

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Okay... It is true, I am lying in a ball right and sobbing my little heart out. You have really cut me to the quick Katto. Do you feel good as a bully now?

Keep telling yourself this as read back on this thread and desperately search for where I fired first (you know the fact and opinion thing is true as it happened earlier this afternoon)...

I am bored Katto... try your best... Or is this really all you have? =-)

Katto - if and when you do, why do you smile?


...and there's the inevitable meltdown^ :roll:


If you say so - so if you recognize what causes meltdowns and assume their occurrence from the above post, why do you not identify what causes smiles in people?
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30035
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby raja » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:33 am

raja wrote:Just 4 more days to go, let's see how accurate or delusional you are. :-)

1) What will be the series result? 4-0 BCCI
2) Who will score the most runs for BCCI? Kohli
3) Who will score the most runs for Australia? Handscomb
4) Who will take the most wickets for BCCI? Ishant Sharma
5) Who will take the most wickets for Australia? Starc
6) How often in the series will Australia get all out before getting to 250? (closest answer wins) 4
7) How often in the series will BCCI score over 450? (closest answer wins) 2
8) How many wickets will Ashwin+Jadeja combined take in the series? (closest answer wins) 12
9) How many centuries will BCCI batsmen score in the series? (closest answer wins) 3
10) Of a max of 80 wickets, how many Aussie wickets will fall in the series? (closest answer wins) 80
11) Of a max of 80 wickets, how many BCCI wickets will fall in the series? (closest answer wins) 60

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30035
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby raja » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 am

Have so far received predictions only from the following:
GMAH86
Katto
Halo
Leo
Bolero
Raja

...

Where are the others?

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16569
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Katto » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:11 am

raja wrote:Have so far received predictions only from the following:
GMAH86
Katto
Halo
Leo
Bolero
Raja

...

Where are the others?


don't get me started :)

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:50 am

Katto wrote:
don't get me started :)


Yeah don't multi-task Katto - finish with me first :-)
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27225
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Going South » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:53 pm

1) What will be the series result?
India 2 Australia 1

2) Who will score the most runs for BCCI?
Virat Kohli

3) Who will score the most runs for Australia?
Marsh

4) Who will take the most wickets for BCCI?
Shami

5) Who will take the most wickets for Australia?
Starc

6) How often in the series will Australia get all out before getting to 250? (closest answer wins)
2

7) How often in the series will BCCI score over 450? (closest answer wins)
2

8) How many wickets will Ashwin+Jadeja combined take in the series? (closest answer wins)
20

9) How many centuries will BCCI batsmen score in the series? (closest answer wins)
6

10) Of a max of 80 wickets, how many Aussie wickets will fall in the series? (closest answer wins)
80

11) Of a max of 80 wickets, how many BCCI wickets will fall in the series? (closest answer wins)
60

Halo
CF Regular
CF Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Location: brisbane/maleny
Australia

Australia-India predictions

Postby Halo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Paddles wrote:
Halo wrote:Originally the British countries had single names let's say Robert then if you were stout you got Robert the gross to distinguish you from red haired Robert.
Finally Robert Gross and Robert Reid resulted. WBE.
Then Robert had a son. You know the rest.


Robert is a Germanic name...

And single named Robert would have been from a town...

So It was Robert of Loxley for instance...

British includes Celtic names where the clans matters..

You're really talking "English" not "British".

My father is English. My Grand-father is Scottish. They're both British. There is a big difference in naming conventions... But because of my grand-father - I have a clan surname...

Which I thought i had made clear to everyone in my earlier post. I guess not.

With many exceptions, English names were a christian or first name of Pagan/Germanic/Romance/Celt origins then followed by a surname equivalent of a town or village, then they went to occupation and this was passed down, then they homogenized.

For Celtic names - the clan was the surname. Because one remains part of the clan no matter where they are.



WBE chose British because Reid is the Scottish version of Read and Reed all abbreviations of the older spelling of red. They are talking the very origins of using surnames WITHIN the village other surname additions according to them came later.

My 12 year old son can quote most of the town originated surnames in europe and did a show and tell on trade based surnames. He is also interested in the use of former surnames as given names. Courtney Walsh is just one of thousands for example.

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:28 am

Ball not doing as good as in england, Shami and all other bowlers need to work extra hard for single wicket.yesterday Indians Gifted as many as 5 wickets to aus bowlers which they not deserve.

After 16 overs 36 for 1.Uzzie hits 3 lovely four off Bumrah some time ago, otherwise so far Indian bowlers bowl well control bowling Debutant Harris on 18* off 44 ball.Shami 4/3/1/0
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 am

Bolero
Shami Left the Field, not seen Rohit today around

0.25 economy Shami, okayed come back after lunch
Last edited by givemeahug786 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:04 am

Lunch Khawaja 21 not out :86 ball
Victoria alias Australia 57 for 2 off 162 balls
Young MS or A.Knott can grab those catches
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:55 am

NRR drops

Kohli 49 ball 14*
Pujara 66 ball 17*

Ground umpire Doba #1
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:20 am

:swann: Nathan Lyon 20,082 balls in tests
WITHOUT NO BALL
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:23 am

Are yo :punter7: :punter4: :scarecrow: u Kohli?
Where is your **l*?
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:01 am

18.4 overs washed out so early start tomorrow, good for Raj or Raza,Koz ball will swing more if Sun not shines early on
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 am

Rahul's 44 saves him for next 4 innings but Vijay will go
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:08 am

After Kohli's dismissal we batted 23 ball for 1 run, tomorrow you will see, we will score next 100 in 50 overs
White wash of NZ A in Newzeland. S. Kaul 4 w in 7 overs
Shai Hope (146*) & kemo Paul star in Historic wI win 2/2

User avatar
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27225
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Australia-India predictions

Postby Going South » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:29 pm

all the off topic posts are deleted. for once first time givemeahug is the sane poster. ;)

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Going South wrote:all the off topic posts are deleted. for once first time givemeahug is the sane poster. ;)


While this is a vast improvement for you and I appreciate you compromising as I suspect that you know now that you backed the wrong horse, I do not accept this is an adequate compromise. I don't need an apology but I said play it straight, and I very much meant it.

I am happy to be banned if you're unable to. We both know what happened here GS... And I can tell you have wised up. But play it straight.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27225
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Australia-India predictions

Postby Going South » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 pm

As i see it, you are one of most short-fused poster here who contradict and confront everybody and everything. We let it pass most of the times but in this thread your nit-picking is to the annoyance levels, hence deleted. If you don’t like them deleted, sorry, but it is what it is, we run the forum, you are free to go elsewhere.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Going South wrote:As i see it, you are one of most short-fused poster here who contradict and confront everybody and everything. We let it pass most of the times but in this thread your nit-picking is to the annoyance levels, hence deleted. If you don’t like them deleted, sorry, but it is what it is, we run the forum, you are free to go elsewhere.


No I do not mind them deleted. It was your grouping me with Halo re: give me a hug being the sane poster.

Now whilst this compromise is quite a step forward for you, it is not sufficient for what has occurred in this thread.

Now you can support Mr 4 years of Med School, completed law, has a law office, while doing 5th year science specializing in Physics where he has a thread on vibrating string theory on his physics forum that is unobtainable and while inviting - he still has not provided the precise url - but he can cut and paste from Strong for Theory for Dummies to convince me of somethings, diagnoses of narcissism (based on contradicting and assuming with poor research skills - not initially equating Narcissus with the disorder nor the vanity/self love of the condition - it just gets better and better) all you like Going South, you can even throw in your own ad hominem personal comments. Now maybe eventually you're more than just a touch aware that despite your initial support with glee, something is more than just a tad off here. Now I do not need to poke a stick at him, that is why I gave him an easy out (presumably this is what you called preaching), but he declined and wished to continue.

Either remove me from being grouped with him in your post, or ban me. Consider this nit-picking if you like. Consider this preaching if you prefer.

I am serious. If you as forum owner want to behave in this manner, interpret what transpired in this thread in this manner, and run the the forum in this way, ban me. Or get used to being annoyed and having to delete a lot of my posts. It is what it is.

I'm not even asking for an apology, or for you to admit that you backed the wrong horse earlier in the thread. I am just saying, don't lump the group the field in this one together. It is what it is.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27225
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Australia-India predictions

Postby Going South » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:34 am

see. for a silly argument you posted a ton of lengthy post. that’s what we are saying.
you are argumentative!!!

yes. halo started it. where was your wisdom as you claim now ?

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australia-India predictions

Postby Paddles » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:47 am

Going South wrote:see. for a silly argument you posted a ton of lengthy post. that’s what we are saying.
you are argumentative!!!

yes. halo started it. where was your wisdom as you claim now ?


Of course I am argumentative. I love to debate and support my propositions with argument. Because that is what an opinion is. Because that is what inductive logic is. Because that is what reasoning is. It is all argument, and I was born to do it.

But I would not pigeon hole my conversation with Halo as a debate or an argument on my part past origins and definition of narcissism. This conversation was something quite dissimilar. A more peculiar conversation may be one way to put it. Which may of those who saw it will appreciate.

But thank you Going South. Have a nice day.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!