CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
India

IPL 2019 - Discussion Thread

Postby Paddles » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:38 am

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... s-11-years

Pretty obvious what Moody is doing here.

He is very smart and demonstrating it here.

So - he has offloaded Dhawan, and bought 2 Indian all rounders and a spinner.

He is setting up for a KW and Warner combo to play every game. Be hard to leave Rashid out.

So 3 import spots gone already, and he still hasn't got a keeper bat on which to rely.

So he is staring down the barrel of Shakib not being a first choice starter. He is also staring down the barrel of not even rotating Nabi.

Let alone Brathwaite.

I bet he is in the market for someone like Pant or Buttler, as well as Saha has disappointed. He may even be in the market for 1 more intl bat given Hales disappointed.

He liked import quick Stanlake last year, but dropping Dhawan for 2 Indian allrounders means the import allrounders are possibly giving way to KW and Warner (or the import quick will if it turns to custard).

Sage man, Tom. This is possibly the most difficult art of team management in a salary cap environment.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Re: IPL 2019

Postby Going South » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:15 pm

it’s speculation. i believe it when i see it.
i say it would be a loss for sun risers if Dhawan is let go. I am not sure on what shape warner be when he comes back this year as he might be rusty & emotionally bankrupt having not played any cricket this year. hope he prove me wrong. Moody as always might bring more no-name Australian players at exuberant prices only to be proven bust. I still remember Dan christian saga.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:55 pm

It's a smart move.

Dhawan is rubbish, by IPL standards.

Wastes IPL Powerplay.

A SR of 125 is so IPL-2012. :lmao:

I don't rate Vijay Shankar, but Nadeem is a pretty decent guy to have in one's side.

I remember Abhishek Sharma playing a couple of good knocks last time, so he could be a decent Indian player to have in SRH's side.

Whatever - as long as SRH dumps Dhawan, I think it's a good decision, whoever they get in return.

Not surprised DD bought him back.

Only a DD or an RCB would take dumb decisions like having Dhawan in their side.

Of course, for DD, Dhawan being a local boy, there's a commercial angle in it too.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:33 pm

oh. nadeem is decent just because he is muslim ? typical raja. ;)

what are stats for nadeem for this “love” ? care to share ? no?

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:56 pm

Going South wrote:it’s speculation. i believe it when i see it.
i say it would be a loss for sun risers if Dhawan is let go. I am not sure on what shape warner be when he comes back this year as he might be rusty & emotionally bankrupt having not played any cricket this year. hope he prove me wrong. Moody as always might bring more no-name Australian players at exuberant prices only to be proven bust. I still remember Dan christian saga.

Dan Christian never played for SRH or under Moody in the IPL who was announced coach of SRH in 2012.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/profiles/6283/daniel-christian

Maybe you mean Henriques - but he had many a good season in the IPL in between some ordinary ones.

https://www.iplt20.com/teams/sunrisers- ... -henriques

Despite having a good 2017 season, Tom didn't choose him over KW again at the auction, so I am not sure if this is a fit accusation of bias.

I think a lot of franchises over value Australian fringe and domestic players simply because they're Australian and not because they're proven international players. This is a common thought in NZ media when the likes of Guptil, Santner and Sodhi got passed over year after year despite having great numbers. Guptil eventually got a chance, and did not nail it, Sodhi did when he finally got his. And I am sure Santner will in the future too - because he is a high quality limited overs act where spinning pitches will help, not hinder, his execution of skill.

But the real difference is - the IPL coaches are watching the BBL and CPL and not watching NZC games. So the likes of NZ and SL struggle to gain the same attention.

I remember KW continually missing out to Henriques, but this was strategic for Henriques to bowl seam overs. Moody was more than happy to make KW captain and the batting pivot once Warner was banned. I think Moody wants to win and keep his job more than simply look after fringe Australian players with beer money.

If you do not want Moody coaching your team(s) - I'd take him any day of the week to coach the teams that I support. He follows cricket around the world, including the U-19's because he is a B-list commentator, one may assume that he watches the A-list games too. He got into Mustafizur first, then dumped him despite being a star (he has since slipped showing Moody to be further correct) for Rashid Kahn (who he got to first). Moody does not miss many tricks.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 am

Going South wrote:oh. nadeem is decent just because he is muslim ? typical raja. ;)

He's a fine bowler - just hasn't been given enough chances to showcase his skills.

I hope he gets more chances playing for SRH.

Shakib might not get a look-in due to 4 player limit - Nadeem will do nicely to take care of the left-arm slow bowling.

Bhuvi, Siddharth Kaul, Khaleel, Nadeem, Rashid...decent attack (with Rashid the only overseas player).

Stanlake and Nabi are quality too, but SRH have high-quality overseas players, so some quality is going to have to sit out.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 am

nadeem fine bowler? nothing to prove ?
that’s a million people that fit that description except he got muslim name. LOL.
have you seen him in person ? how long have you followed his career? never heard from you about him earlier. IF not accept that you posted BS !

THERE ARE MUST BETTER BOWLERS OUT THERE yet you picked him. you are getting old at this. ;)

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:47 am

raja wrote:
Going South wrote:oh. nadeem is decent just because he is muslim ? typical raja. ;)

He's a fine bowler - just hasn't been given enough chances to showcase his skills.

I hope he gets more chances playing for SRH.

Shakib might not get a look-in due to 4 player limit - Nadeem will do nicely to take care of the left-arm slow bowling.

Bhuvi, Siddharth Kaul, Khaleel, Nadeem, Rashid...decent attack (with Rashid the only overseas player).

Stanlake and Nabi are quality too, but SRH have high-quality overseas players, so some quality is going to have to sit out.

and Jordan and Braithwaite.

But you get it Raja. more importantly - Moody gets it.

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:24 am

Dhawan returned to Delhi after 11 years but he is not much happy koz he will gets 5 CRORE only now.
ind A vs Windies A @ 7 pm ist >on you tube today
ind lead 2/0

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:18 am

givemeahug786 wrote:

Dhawan returned to Delhi after 11 years but he is not much happy koz he will gets 5 CRORE only now.

Not now. He was signed on 5.2 crore. That is what he got last season. What it means is that he does not get to goto the Auction as a free agent in the hope of more.

Dhawan sucked in the IPL final for SRH. And SRH have Warner and KW. It makes sense what Mooody is doing - to me anyway. Warner and KW are both orange cap potential candidates like Kohli and Rahul are. Dhawan - as Raja says, is just far less likely to be.

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

IPL 2019

Postby Going South » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:08 pm

you need to have strong local talent too. Always remember that you got only 4 foreigner spots available. if your game plan revolve around all foreign players you end up putting all eggs in one same basket. You need to have strong constant reliable Indian talent. Dhawan sure improved a lot in his batting compared to last year. Today he is one of good top order talent. he is hot. I can understand if he is mad at low price tag. Justifiable. if not Dhawan SRH should get some other good TOP talent opener...FASTER. Where is the contingency plan Moody?

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Going South wrote:you need to have strong local talent too. Always remember that you got only 4 foreigner spots available. if your game plan revolve around all foreign players you end up putting all eggs in one same basket. You need to have strong constant reliable Indian talent. Dhawan sure improved a lot in his batting compared to last year. Today he is one of good top order talent. he is hot. I can understand if he is mad at low price tag. Justifiable. if not Dhawan SRH should get some other good TOP talent opener...FASTER. Where is the contingency plan Moody?

The contingency plan is clearly dropping Shakib Al Hasan for Indian talent. ;)

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Gaaaa. is moody a double agent sent to sabotage SRH? looks like it.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Going South wrote:Gaaaa. is moody a double agent sent to sabotage SRH? looks like it.

SRH are lucky to have such a mastermind in charge, tbh.

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm

ICC wants IPL 2019 from March to May

Richardson used term "" Cleaned up ASAP with less matches"

I still not figures out why Krunal will gets 8.8 crore for IPL 2019.he not have potential for that.I doubt he can finds in Indian team for 2020 world cup in australia.
ind lead 2/0

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:17 pm

March is too early - clashes with NZ and SA schedules. Even WI schedules.

April to May is fine.

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

IPL 2019

Postby Going South » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:34 pm

givemeahug786 wrote:ICC wants IPL 2019 from March to May

I still not figures out why Krunal will gets 8.8 crore for IPL 2019.he not have potential for that.I doubt he can finds in Indian team for 2020 world cup in australia.

here read ICC = England & Australian cricket boards

All other cricket boards have no say on what ICC says and at the same time BCCI shows it’s FAT middle finger to all boards that want a different month for IPL.

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. !!!

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Going South wrote:
givemeahug786 wrote:ICC wants IPL 2019 from March to May

here read ICC = England & Australian cricket boards

All other cricket boards have no say on what ICC says and at the same time BCCI shows it’s FAT middle finger to all boards that want a different month for IPL.

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. !!!

:lmao:

Let me try to do a GS impersonation here. :-)

Guys, IPL is INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE. It is an INDIAN tournament, first and foremost.

I know all other Boards are jealous of BCCI and try to always sabotage it.

But we don't care.

We will decide what we do, when we do and how we do it.

Overseas players anyway care more about playing in the IPL than for their Boards.

If they want to take part in IPL next year also, they are welcome.

If not, no problem - IPL will still go on in its own way.

Only the players will lose $$$$$.

I already know how this is going to turn out - but if Boards want to make a big drama, I can only say :nana:

IPL rules!

----

How is that for a GS impersonation? :-)

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:20 pm

raja wrote:----

How is that for a GS impersonation? :-)

The grammar and logic was too good.

And a serious lack of using the word "duh!".

;-)

HAHA!

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm

So which IPl team is signing Slamming Sam Curran for 2019?

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Paddles wrote:So which IPl team is signing Slamming Sam Curran for 2019?

Buzz me in December for full list

CPK release Mark wood for IPL 12
Ha ha he is struggling in England Lion vs Pakistan A test
ind lead 2/0

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:44 pm

givemeahug786 wrote:
Paddles wrote:So which IPl team is signing Slamming Sam Curran for 2019?

Buzz me in December for full list

CPK release Mark wood for IPL 12
Ha ha he is struggling in England Lion vs Pakistan A test

Lol - why would anyone sign Mark Wood for IPL? Muppets.

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:03 pm

All english players are a liability in IPL. they were never available when needed most and their priorities lies elsewhere.

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Welcome SMITH & WARNER in India

Postby givemeahug786 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

IPL 2019 squads: Retentions and releases
November 15 2018

Warner has been retained by SRH for the upcoming season.

Two of the biggest retentions ahead of the Indian Premier League 2019, are those of the banned duo of Steve Smith and David Warner by their respective franchises, Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad. The pair, who were due to captain the franchises in 2018, missed out on the edition due to a year-long ban imposed on them by Cricket Australia for their involvement in the ball-tampering scandal earlier in the year. However, the pair will make a comeback in the upcoming season for their franchises, but whether or not they will retain the leadership role is yet to be known.

Here are all the retentions and releases by all the franchises ahead of the 2019 auction.

Mumbai Indians:

Retained: Rohit Sharma (C), Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Krunal Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Suryakumar Yadav, Mayank Markande, Rahul Chahar, Anukul Roy, Siddhesh Lad, Aditya Tare, Quinton de Kock, Evin Lewis, Kieron Pollard, Ben Cutting, Mitchell McClenaghan, Adam Milne, Jason Behrendorff.

Released: Saurabh Tiwary, Pradeep Sangwan, Mohsin Khan, MD Nidheesh, Sharad Lumba, Tajinder Singh Dhillon, JP Duminy, Pat Cummins, Mustafizur Rahman, Akila Dananjaya.

Traded: Quinton de Kock from RCB

Rajasthan Royals:

Retained: Ajinkya Rahane, Krishnappa Gowtham, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Gopal, Aryaman Birla, S. Midhun, Prashant Chopra, Stuart Binny, Rahul Tripathi, Ben Stokes, Steve Smith, Jos Buttler, Jofra Archer, Ish Sodhi, Dhawal Kulkarni, Mahipal Lomror.

Released: D'Arcy Short, Ben Laughlin, Heinrich Klaasen, Dane Paterson, Zahir Khan, Dushmantha Chameera, Jaydev Unadkat, Anureet Singh, Ankit Sharma, Jatin Saxena.

Sunrisers Hyderabad:

Retained: Basil Thampi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Hooda, Manish Pandey, T Natarajan, Ricky Bhui, Sandeep Sharma, Siddarth Kaul, Shreevats Goswami (wk), Khaleel Ahmed, Yusuf Pathan, Billy Stanlake, David Warner, Kane Williamson, Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, Shakib Al Hasan

Released: Sachin Baby, Tanmay Agarwal, Wriddhiman Saha, Chris Jordan, Carlos Brathwaite, Alex Hales, Bipul Sharma, Mehdi Hasan

Traded: Shikhar Dhawan to Delhi Daredevils for Abhishek Sharma, Vijay Shankar, Shahbaz Nadeem

Chennai Super Kings:

Retained: MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, M Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Billings, Mitchell Santner, David Willey, Dwayne Bravo, Shane Watson, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, KM Asif, Karn Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, N Jagadeesan, Shardul Thakur, Monu Kumar, Chaitanya Bishnoi

Released: Mark Wood, Kanishk Seth, Kshitiz Sharma

Kings XI Punjab:

Retained: Lokesh Rahul, Chris Gayle, Andrew Tye, Mayank Agarwal, Ankit Rajpoot, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Karun Nair, David Miller and Ravichandran Ashwin

Released: Aaron Finch, Axar Patel, Mohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, Barinder Sran, Ben Dwarshuis, Manoj Tiwary, Akshdeep Nath, Pardeep Sahu, Mayank Dagar and Manzoor Dar

Traded: Marcus Stoinis for Mandeep Singh

Royal Challengers Bangalore

Retained: Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Parthiv Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Washington Sundar, Pawan Negi, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Moeen Ali, Mohammed Siraj, Colin de Grandhomme, Tim Southee, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kulwant Khejroliya,

Released: Brendon McCullum, Corey Anderson, Quinton de Kock, Mandeep Singh, Chris Woakes, Sarfraz Khan

Traded: Mandeep Singh for Marcus Stoinis

Kolkata Knight Riders

Retained: Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Chris Lynn, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Shubman Gill, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, Shivam Mavi, Nitish Rana, Rinku Singh, Kamlesh Nagarkoti

Released: Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson, Tom Curran, Cameron Delport, Ishank Jaggi, Vinay Kumar, Apoorv Wankhade, Javon Searles

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/105 ... d-releases

Keep watching for more ............info
ind lead 2/0

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Re: Welcome SMITH & WARNER in India

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:27 pm

Uhmm - that's not all the players... where's Boult, where's Munro?

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:06 am

I told you keep watching for more.....
Update will add. By me, as soon as BCCI announces
ind lead 2/0

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:17 am

As expected, RCB is having a massive clearout of the imports. I still believe Woakes would be much better used in t20 teams batting at 5 or 6. 8 is just too low for a player of his skills.

CdG a tad lucky to keep his place perhaps, but he did have a few games where he did stuff for RCB.

You also have de Kock leaving RCB and erroneously retained by Mumbai.

HAHA!

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:30 am

Hmmm - so Australia has declared that its players are not available for the entire IPL.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/cricket ... 2018-11-15

So Mitchell Starc effectively got released. Australia is doing this because they want to have a training camp before the world cup (which starts two weeks after the IPL finishes).

This seems daft to me. Unless CA is playing warm up games as a team, the IPL is a perfect way to keep the players in form and playing cricket. And I think it would be better than any training camp.

NZC have announced that all NZ players are available for ALL the IPL. Start to finish. Now it may have been in NZ's interests to play some warm up games in ODI before the world cup. Say a Nice little Tri-series in Ireland with Australia. But if they failed in endeavours to make this happen - then I think this is a smart move from NZC.

Why?

Keeps Boult, Southee, Milne, Ferg working on their death bowling in match situations. Keeps KW rotating the strike and being in a positive aggressive mind set with the less overs.

Keeps Santner and Sodhi playing against some of the best players of spin on the planet.

And while CdG Munro and Guppie may not even be playing or simply benchwarming. This benchwarming will make them hungry to succeed at the world cup. But any games they do get, are a valuable warm-up.

Well done NZC. Belinda Clark - what are you thinking? Pat Howard was loathed for mollycoddling. If a fast bowler is going to burn out from bowling 4 overs a game, with only 2 or 3 games a week, how on earth will they be fit enough for the World Cup???????????

it is four overs in t20. That is not a workload that should trouble any bowler. Even the fastest of the fastest. Brett Lee was able to play BBL at 39 with ease.

I hope this situation promotes NZC player's chances at the next auction at Australia's expense, I hope they all leading Kiwi's get a spot and a chance.
Last edited by Paddles on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:35 am

Barring a handful Australian cricketers are not a hot property in world cricket today. Won’t be missed in IPL.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:47 am

Going South wrote:Barring a handful Australian cricketers are not a hot property in world cricket today. Won’t be missed in IPL.

Haha.

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Boult Makes it for Delhi Daredevils 2019 IPL

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:35 am

Royal Challengers Bangalore

In: Marcus Stoinis

Out: Quinton de Kock, Mandeep Singh, Brendon McCullum, Chris Woakes, Corey Anderson, Sarfraz Khan

Retained: Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Parthiv Patel, Washington Sundar, Pawan Negi, Moeen Ali, Colin de Grandhomme, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, Tim Southee, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kulwant Khejroliya, Nathan Coulter-Nile
Salary cap available: 18.15 crores

RCB traded South Africa wicketkeeper de Kock to Mumbai Indians in a cash deal - Mumbai Indians paid them the INR 2.8 crore (USD 437,000) RCB had bought de Kock for in the 2018 auction. They also traded batsman Mandeep (INR 1.4 crore, USD 218,000) to Kings XI Punjab for Australia allrounder Stoinis (INR 6.2 crore, USD 968,000).

Mumbai Indians
In: Quinton de Kock

Out: Mustafizur Rahman, Pat Cummins, Akila Dananjaya, JP Duminy, Saurabh Tiwary, Tajinder Singh, Mohsin Khan, Pradeep Sangwan, MD Nidheesh, Sharad Lumba
Retained: Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Krunal Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Suryakumar Yadav, Mayank Markande, Rahul Chahar, Anukul Roy, Siddhesh Lad, Aditya Tare, Evin Lewis, Kieron Pollard, Ben Cutting, Mitchell McClenaghan, Adam Milne, Jason Behrendorff
Salary cap available: 11.15 crores

Mumbai bought de Kock from RCB and to offset the deal, released Bangladesh seamer Mustafizur (INR 2.2 crore, USD 343,000) and Sri Lankan offspinner Dananjaya (INR 50 lakh, USD 78,000), who played just one match in the 2018 season. They also released Australia fast bowler Cummins (INR 5.4 crore, USD 843,000) - Australia players are expected to play a limited role in IPL 2019, with Cricket Australia outlining plans to have their players prepare for the World Cup by playing ODIs and being available for the pre-tournament camp.

Delhi Daredevils
In: Shikhar Dhawan
Out: Gautam Gambhir, Jason Roy, Gurkeerat Mann, Glenn Maxwell, Mohammad Shami, Dan Christian, Vijay Shankar, Abhishek Sharma, Shahbaz Nadeem, Sayan Ghosh, Liam Plunkett, Junior Dala, Naman Ojha

Retained: Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant, Manjot Kalra, Colin Munro, Chris Morris, Jayant Yadav, Rahul Tewatia, Harshal Patel, Amit Mishra, Kagiso Rabada, Trent Boult, Sandeep Lamichhane, Avesh Khan
Salary cap available: 25.50 crores

In a deal involving both trades and cash, Delhi Daredevils brought in local player Dhawan (INR 5.2 crore, USD 812,000) from Sunrisers Hyderabad and in return gave them allrounder Shankar (INR 3.2 crore, USD 500,000), under-19 batsman Abhishek Sharma (INR 55 lakh, USD 85,000), who impressed with an innings of 46 not out off 19 balls last season, and left-arm spinner Shahbaz Nadeem (INR 3.2 crore, USD 500,000).

Since the combined value of those players was more than Dhawan's, Sunrisers had to pay Daredevils an extra INR 1.75 crore (273,000). Dhawan was released by Sunrisers after a six-year stint with the team because he was unhappy with his auction price.

Sunrisers Hyderabad
In: Vijay Shankar, Abhishek Sharma, Shahbaz Nadeem

Out: Shikhar Dhawan, Sachin Baby, Tanmay Agarwal, Wriddhiman Saha, Chris Jordan, Carlos Brathwaite, Alex Hales, Bipul Sharma, Syed Mehdi Hasan
Retained: David Warner, Yusuf Pathan, Rashid Khan, Shakib Al Hasan, Billy Stanlake, Kane Williamson, Mohammad Nabi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Manish Pandey, T Natarajan, Ricky Bhui, Sandeep Sharma, Shreevats Goswami, Siddarth Kaul, Khaleel Ahmed, Basil Thampi, Deepak Hooda
Salary cap available: 9.70 crores

In addition to the Dhawan trade, Sunrisers released eight other players whose combined worth is INR 9.8 crore (USD 1.53 million). Among them was Alex Hales, who was moderately successful as an opener last season, Brathwaite, who played the final, Jordan, who is known as a specialist death bowler, and Wriddhiman Saha, who has been out with a long-term injury sustained during the last IPL season.

Chennai Super Kings
In: None
Out: Mark Wood, Kanishk Seth, Kshitiz Sharma

Retained: MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, M Vijay, Shane Watson, Ravindra Jadeja, Mitchell Santner, David Willey, Dwayne Bravo, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, Sam Billings, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, KM Asif, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir, Karn Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, N Jagadeesan, Shardul Thakur, Monu Kumar, Chaitanya Bishnoi
Salary cap available: 8.40 crores

Mark Wood, who cost INR 1.5 crore (USD 234,000), played just one game last season for CSK and conceded 49 runs in four overs. He was released along with two uncapped players. Super Kings retained both New Zealand allrounder Mitchell Santner, who missed the 2018 season due to a knee injury, and his replacement David Willey, who featured in just three games for them during the season.

Kolkata Knight Riders

Out: Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson, Tom Curran, Cameron Delport, Javon Searles, Ishank Jaggi, Apoorv Wankhade, Vinay Kumar
Retained: Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Chris Lynn, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Rinku Singh, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Shivam Mavi, Kuldeep Yadav, Piyush Chawla, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Prasidh Krishna
Salary cap available: 15.20 crores

Starc has missed the previous two IPL seasons - in 2017, he parted ways with RCB to focus on international cricket and in 2018, after being bought by KKR for INR 9.4 crore (USD 1.47mn), he was ruled out due to injury. KKR have decided to release him. They also retained pacer Kamlesh Nagarkoti, who was injured last season and didn't play a game, and his replacement, Prasidh Krishna.

Kings XI Punjab

In: Mandeep Singh
Out: Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Aaron Finch, Mohit Sharma, Barinder Sran, Yuvraj Singh, Ben Dwarshuis, Manoj Tiwary, Akshdeep Nath, Pardeep Sahu, Mayank Dagar, Manzoor Dar
Retained: Chris Gayle, David Miller, Karun Nair, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, R Ashwin, Ankit Rajpoot, Andrew Tye, Mujeeb ur Rahman
Salary cap available: 36.20 crores

Kings XI had retained Axar Patel before the big auction in 2018, but opted to let him go this time. Other significant releases include Yuvraj Singh, who was picked in the starting XI at the beginning of last season but was benched later on due to failures, Manoj Tiwary and Mohit Sharma.

Rajasthan Royals

Out: Jaydev Unadkat, Anureet Singh, Ankit Sharma, Jatin Saxena, D'Arcy Short, Ben Laughlin
Retained: Steven Smith, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jofra Archer, Ish Sodhi, Ajinkya Rahane, K Gowtham, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Gopal, Aryaman Birla, S Midhun, Prashant Chopra, Stuart Binny, Rahul Tripathi, Dhawal Kulkarni, Mahipal Lomror

Salary cap available: 20.95 cror

Sunrisers, however, released India wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha, the England duo of Alex Hales and Chris Jordan, and West Indies T20I captain Carlos Brathwaite.

Sunrisers squad
Retained: Basil Thampi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Hooda, Manish Pandey, T Natarajan, Ricky Bhui, Sandeep Sharma, Siddarth Kaul, Shreevats Goswami (wk), Khaleel Ahmed, Yusuf Pathan, Billy Stanlake, David Warner, Kane Williamson, Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi

Traded in: Abhishek Sharma, Vijay Shankar, Shahbaz Nadeem (from Daredevils)

Released: Sachin Baby, Tanmay Agarwal, Wriddhiman Saha, Chris Jordan, Carlos Brathwaite, Alex Hales, Bipul Sharma, Mehdi Hasan

Traded out: Shikhar Dhawan (to Daredevils)

Saha was Sunrisers' first-choice wicketkeeper through IPL 2018, but suffered a finger injury during the second Qualifier against Kolkata Knight Riders in May. Thereafter, Saha was diagnosed with a shoulder injury and missed India's Tests against Afghanistan and England and will not be available for the upcoming Australia series as well. Shreevats Goswami, who kept wicket following Saha's injury, has been retained.

In all, Sunrisers retained six foreigners. Joining Warner were Australia fast bowler Billy Stanlake, Kane Williamson and the all-round trio of Shakib Al Hasan, Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi. Sunrisers, however, did not specify a team captain. With Warner set to return, the franchise is spoilt for captaincy choices.

The other players released were Sachin Baby, Tanmay Agarwal, Bipul Sharma and Mehdi Hassan. None of them had played for Sunrisers in IPL 2018.

Earlier this month, Shikhar Dhawan was traded to Delhi Daredevils, after he felt "unsettled" at the franchise. Sunrisers had received the services of allrounders Vijay Shankar and Abhishek Sharma, and the left-arm spinner Shahbaz Nadeem from Daredevils in return.

Resources
Cricinfo.com
ind lead 2/0

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Re: Boult Makes it for Delhi Daredevils 2019 IPL

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Boult being retained is no surprise.

Munro is a tad lucky. But I am glad for him.

I think Sunrisers may have got it wrong retaining Stanlake if he goes to the WC. Braithwaite and Jordan are fair players as well. But they may buy one of them back at the Auction if there's noone better which may well be Tom's plan.

Have to laugh at Maxi's dumping. (He's good enough - but not on that money).

With all these Aussies being dumped left right and centre, Guppie, Taylor and even Latham must fancy their chances this year of auction sales.

Woakes was used poorly by RCB - I would not have released him, I would have batted him at 5 or 6 NOT 8.

Who are the global or fresh cricketing stars not already signed? Most Safricans have been signed. Ditto for Aussies or dumped. England's stars all seem to be accounted for bar Bairstow and Root (Morgan as well but deliberately excluded by me).

Why one earth did CSK retain Sam Billings (this kid is given a dream run of lucky opportunity).

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:02 am

Mark wood 2,34000 us dollar for 4/0/49/0 only game for CSK
Oh boy
ind lead 2/0

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:04 am

Yes Jordan and some other Folks surely gets second last chance in January 2019
ind lead 2/0

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:28 am

givemeahug786 wrote:Mark wood 2,34000 us dollar for 4/0/49/0 only game for CSK
Oh boy

Lol!

HAHA!

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:34 am

I think IPL franchisees are missing a trick by ignoring Bangladesh players.
Mehdi Hasan has been released by Sunrisers.
Fair enough, they already had too many quality overseas players.

But in general, Bangladesh players in T20 can be explosive batsmen.
And are decent bowlers too.
Mahmudullah is quality.

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:31 am

raja wrote:I think IPL franchisees are missing a trick by ignoring Bangladesh players.

Mahmudullah is quality.

His second chance in Jan 2019.MH Miraz will pick for sure, last year CSK upset over Wood
His only game in IPL -11 COST THEM 2,34000 US DOLLAR 4/0/49/0 , so organiser extra careful now.

Imad Wasim earned good money in CPL but returned in Pakistan injured, Look what's happen to Unadkat? He was sold for 11 crore for nothing.
ind lead 2/0

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Mark Wood was always going to be a stupid purchase. He's done nothing for England that's quality. David Willey makes more sense, and then use him as an opening batsman and bowler.

The problem with buying English players is they typically miss the finals due to England scheduling conflict (England for the third time in 4 years has Pakistan touring during the IPL final and last rounds of matches). The ECB seems to love Pakistan of late. And it gives Pakistan and England a bit of an advantage with 5 ODI's and 1 T20 directly before the World Cup. Whereas NZ, India et al - will be going in with none. I imagine there will be unofficial warm up games for all teams - but yeah - not the same thing and they do not have ODI status.

I mean I would buy Jos Buttler for the IPL BUT it has to be factored in that he won't be there for the finals.

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:49 pm

raja wrote:I think IPL franchisees are missing a trick by ignoring Bangladesh players.

Mahmudullah is quality.

i don’t blame them. look where bangladesh stands among international T20 countries. they are at the bottom. that too after 8 better set of cricket nationals. there are only 4 foreign player spots available. unless you are one of best of the best talent it’s hard to cut in into an IPL team. all teams are brutally honest on their perform or perish mantra. only kalkatta team would dare pick substandard bangladeshi players due to fan following & merchandise sale of team items.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:28 am

Going South wrote:

Mahmudullah is quality.

i don’t blame them. look where bangladesh stands among international T20 countries. they are at the bottom. that too after 8 better set of cricket nationals. there are only 4 foreign player spots available. unless you are one of best of the best talent it’s hard to cut in into an IPL team. all teams are brutally honest on their perform or perish mantra. only kalkatta team would dare pick substandard bangladeshi players due to fan following & merchandise sale of team items.

Shakib plays regularly for SRH. But most of what you say here is true.

The funny thing for me is the race to get the new talent, like when Mustafizur, Rash Khan, Mills or Archer came on the scene. The ones like Mills who end up having just been flash in the pans success to their career are swiftly axed.

Expectations and pressures are high on the imports. Even players like Gayle have been cut before. It has taken the IPL a while - but they've started to realize there is some NZ talent worth having in Santner, Sodhi, Milne, Ferg, as well as the more obvious Boult, KW and Southee. Yet the IPL seems to love McClenghan and B McCullum for some reason. BMac will no doubt be sold at this auction and disappoint again.

It will be interesting whether Tom Latham gets picked up. He should - he keeps wicket, brilliant catcher in the field and plays spin well. He is not currently in the NZ t20 team because of Glen Phillips. But for Indian conditions, I'd take Latham over Phillips.

HAHA!

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:29 am

Would a mod please merge this thread with the IPL 2019 thread.

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/105 ... i-capitals

Delhi Capitals better than Daredevils, I guess
Mumbai India should change to Mumbai Business Capital2
ind lead 2/0

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:58 pm

i say call them mumbai maniacs.

“india” on a local team name is too much.

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:04 pm

How about, Mumbai Marathas ?
ind lead 2/0

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

IPL 2019

Postby Going South » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm

givemeahug786 wrote:How about, Mumbai Marathas ?

no. if no maratha player taken in the 11 it would be a joke with shivsena again go for burning pitch etc. inviting trouble.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 am

givemeahug786 wrote:Paddles

IPL will be 29th March to May 19, 2019

Sorry we not starts IPL in April, we not care of your test scheduled

NZC season finishes 20 March (even for domestic this year it appears).

Typically the next evening is the NZC awards night - so that will be 21 March.

Then the IPL boys will presumably fly to India on 22 March.

They'll have the best part of a week in the nets...

HAHA!

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:59 am

givemeahug786 wrote:Fizz out of IPL 2019

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/105 ... r-ipl-2019

Wow - what a way to make him retire young...

HAHA!

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bangladesh

Postby Leo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:59 am

That's a good decision from BCB. He will be injured and Bangladesh cannot afford to lose a bowler like Fizz.
CricForum Official FB Page
https://www.facebook.com/CricForum/

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:22 am

Leo wrote:That's a good decision from BCB. He will be injured and Bangladesh cannot afford to lose a bowler like Fizz.

But it will lead to a premature retirement so that he will be able to play for more lucrative t20 leagues...

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:36 pm

i expect a frantic price war for Saha. wait and watch.