Australia vs South Africa: ODI & T20I; November 4-17 2018 in Australia

Discuss all live or current cricket matches here. Participate in on-going live cricket matches and discuss match situations live as the game evolves. We want to hear from you.
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Australia vs South Africa: ODI & T20I; November 4-17 2018 in Australia

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:15 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
He has found about 3 extra yards of pace. He used to be 120-125 - now he's 130 and peaked at 137!!!!

He is not one for giving in, he showed that in NZ a couple of years ago when he took Aus close from what looked to be a hopeless situation. Just blasted off a run of 6's that got Aus close.

But please lets not call him "the Greek".

https://www.ladbrokes.com.au/blog/2017/ ... s-stoinis/

no he's called oil because of olive oil

Well even that is still slightly better than calling him "the Greek".
Elite honesty:
At the toss Faf said to Finch that you lads can bat - Finch replied "no, no we can't-we really can't".

Finch then saw Travis Head and Darcy Short start put on sun screen and said "Getting a bit optimistic aren't you?"

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:20 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
no he's called oil because of olive oil

you worry about the smallest things

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:30 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:

Small, trivial, casual racism is still what kind of racism?

But at least you had the decency to get the origins right.

I've seen turban-wearing Sikhs called names reserved for far more western Asian towel-like head garment folks and I wonder myself what is worse, the ignorance or the racism itself (which is obviously a form of ignorance in itself)? But I appreciate that an Australian would truly know the answer. :-)

So answer me this - if a Sikh gentleman is called a sand-nigger by an Antipodean, is that worse than calling him a "curry-muncher" because I believe it most definitely is. Not because of bias - but because of casual racist ignorance. :-) Casual racism may not be intended to offend, but the lack of intent seems to make it worse as it reveals believing it was acceptable.

Which is he according to you Katto? A "sand-nigger" or a "curry-muncher"?

I will put you on the spot like pot on hot knives because I am sick to death of racism and I am smarter than you will ever give me credit for :-)
Last edited by Paddles on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elite honesty:
At the toss Faf said to Finch that you lads can bat - Finch replied "no, no we can't-we really can't".

Finch then saw Travis Head and Darcy Short start put on sun screen and said "Getting a bit optimistic aren't you?"

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:52 am

Katto - I don't think you're stupid but when you take me on - I simply think you're out of your weight class and I feel like a bully. But I will not back down. And I am more than happy to go ten rounds.
Elite honesty:

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:08 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

I've seen turban-wearing Sikhs called names reserved for far more western Asian towel-like head garment folks and I wonder myself what is worse, the ignorance or the racism itself (which is obviously a form of ignorance in itself)? But I appreciate that an Australian would truly know the answer. :-)

So answer me this - if a Sikh gentleman is called a sand-nigger by an Antipodean, is that worse than calling him a "curry-muncher" because I believe it most definitely is. Not because of bias - but because of casual racist ignorance? :-)

I will put you on the spot like pot on hot knives because I am sick to death of racism and I am smarter than you will ever give me credit for :-)

racism? Where the f**k is the racism here you cretin?

Your absolute fuckwittery is never far from the surface.

The only racist here is you you Effing NPC dipshit.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:33 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:

So answer me this - if a Sikh gentleman is called a sand-nigger by an Antipodean, is that worse than calling him a "curry-muncher" because I believe it most definitely is. Not because of bias - but because of casual racist ignorance? :-)

Oh great - this Greek olive oil munching piece of **** called Katto has lost his rag :-)

Tell me more about why M Stoinsis is "the Greek" and not the "the Australian". :-)

Is the fact that he is born in Perth not good enough for you?

You're dead. You're buried. It is over. Your racism has killed you.

And that is my point about casual racism.

Katto, grow up you piece of Antipodean White Australia Proud flag waving piece of... :-)

You were burned before you even knew it ;-)

But then White Australia has been long held proud political policy of the Australian nation for quite some time ;-)

White Australians - they simply have no idea - they think kicking someone from Greece or Eastern Europe ethnic descendancy - heck Europe at all, on Cronulla Beach is patriotic.

White Australians like Katto - just simply do not get it. "the Greek" - ooops :-)

You lit the flame Katto. I will keep pouring petrol on it. All day. Every day. :-)

I look forward to your **** filled reply ;-)

(You are so out of your league Katto - but I like the fact your arrogance refuses to admit it) ;-)

Bring it - I will lift national scabs that you don't even know exist :-)

I am the worst type of A -Hole that exists, I am highly educated, self aware and intelligent. A deadly combo ;-). And I loathe racism.
Last edited by Paddles on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elite honesty:

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:49 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

Oh great - this Greek olive oil munching piece of **** called Katto has lost his rag :-)

Tell me more about why M Stoinsis is "the Greek" and not the "the Australian". :-)

Katto, grow up you piece of Antipodean White Australia Proud flag waving piece of... :-)

But then White Australia has been long held proud political policy of the Australian nation for quite some time ;-)

White Australians - they simply have no idea - they think kicking someone from Greece or Eastern Europe ethnic descendancy - heck Europe at all, on Cronulla Beach is patriotic.

White Australians like Katto - just simply do not get it. "the Greek" - ooops :-)

You lit the flame Katto. I will keep pouring petrol on it. All day. Every day. :-)

Greek Australians call themselves Greeks you fuckwit. If you ever knew any you'd know this.

Now look at your racist tirade. Paddles bigotry exposed and on show for all the world to see.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:53 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:

Greek Australians call themselves Greeks you fuckwit. If you ever knew any you'd know this.

Now look at your racist tirade. Paddles bigotry exposed and on show for all the world to see.

Try better. This is amateur hour. Stoinis calls himself an oil painting and Australian. He aint representing Greece in cricket.

Stoinis is Australian. Don't you get it?
Elite honesty:

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:54 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

Try better. This is amateur hour. Stoinis calls himself an oil painting and Australian. He aint representing Greece in cricket.

You're a fuckwit. Case closed.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:56 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:

I maybe a fuckwit, but Stoinis is still Australian ;-)

I will wager he has a passport with a kangaroo on it somewhere. (And i have never seen an Australian passport before).
Elite honesty:

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:04 am

Roll with the punches Katto - duck and weave. ;-)
Elite honesty:

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:27 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

I maybe a fuckwit, but Stoinis is still Australian ;-)

I will wager he has a passport with a kangaroo on it somewhere. (And i have never seen an Australian passport before).

nobody said he wasn't Australian fuckwit

he's also Greek

Halo
CF Debutant
Australia

Postby Halo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:10 am

I doubt Katto meant to insult the Greek nation.

Lovely people and the world's best cooks and uber generous with their helpings.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:50 am

obvious I was paying a compliment but Mr Asperger had to make a scene of his idiocy

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Katto wrote:obvious I was paying a compliment but Mr Asperger had to make a scene of his idiocy

The fact you think it is a compliment calling someone representing Australia "the Greek" is half the problem.

Are you going to call Sangha "the Indian"? Khawaja the "the Pakistani"? Did you call Gillespie "the Aboriginee"?
Elite honesty:

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Halo wrote:I doubt Katto meant to insult the Greek nation.

Lovely people and the world's best cooks and uber generous with their helpings.

I can take or leave Greek food myself. I think Plato, Socrates, Aristotle and Pythagoras (and the rest of their ancient scholars) gave the world plenty for the Greeks to be proud of, though.
Last edited by Paddles on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite honesty:

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:obvious I was paying a compliment but Mr Asperger had to make a scene of his idiocy

The fact you think it is a compliment calling someone representing Australia "the Greek" is half the problem.

Are you going to call Sangha "the Indian"? Khawaja the "the Pakistani"? Did you call Gillespie "the Aboriginee"?

I'm going to call you "the Imbecile"

how do you like that

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:

I'm going to call you "the Imbecile"

how do you like that

That is fine. It has no racial overtones at all.
Elite honesty:

givemeahug786
CF Regular
CF Regular
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Paddles wrote:

The fact you think it is a compliment calling someone representing Australia "the Greek" is half the problem.test

Tell me which 2 test players born in Germany?

Hint?
One took 2 wickets in his test career
Other hit 2 Fours in his test career.
USA and OMAN step closer to Qualify ODI Status

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:01 pm

givemeahug786 wrote:
Paddles wrote:
The fact you think it is a compliment calling someone representing Australia "the Greek" is half the problem.test

Hint?

Donald Carr is the only one. Paul Terry was born in West Germany as there was no unified "Germany" at the time. Because iron curtain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_T ... ng_nations
Last edited by Paddles on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elite honesty:

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Katto wrote:

Oh the Afro-Americans call themselves the "N word" anyway defense ;-)

"Why can they call themselves that, but I may not - it is not fair"

Heard this argument a million times Katto. The fact that you even try to justify this point reveals half the problem.

The answer lies in social collaboration and bonds of similarity of societal racial difference in minority, not discrimination and marginalization of racial difference identification by majority of the minority. It is simply a revelation of the shared discriminatory unequal treatment traits that unites minorities as to majority as they see the and identify common bonds. Identifying this minority-common trait is not racist, but the continuation and labeling of discrimination by the majority is.

But I doubt you will appreciate this, ever. But, hey, I'm the imbecile ;-)

Try this in future - are you trying to unite and be collaborative with the racially said named - or simply identifying and reinforcing a point of difference from majority with the racially said named?

That is the difference. Because the former is not racist - but the latter is. That's all there is to it. It is that simple.

There is no inconsistency in the end-goal if unification is the target. There is a major difference if racial discrimination is the end-goal.

There is one ultimate question to racist labeling: is it a racially shared bond between or is it a racial point of difference? And that's that.
Last edited by Paddles on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elite honesty:

Halo
CF Debutant
Australia

Postby Halo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Marcus Stoinis
Australia
Full name Marcus Peter Stoinis
Born August 16, 1989, Perth
Current age 29 years 86 days
Major teams Australia, Australia A, Delhi Daredevils, Kent 2nd XI, Kings XI Punjab, Melbourne Stars, Perth Scorchers, Scarborough, Victoria, Victoria Under-23s, Victorian XI, Western Australia, Western Australia Under-19s, World XI
Playing role Middle-order batsman
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm medium

givemeahug786
CF Regular
CF Regular
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Paddles wrote:
givemeahug786 wrote:

Hint?

Paul Terry and Donald Carr were born in West Germany. There was no unified "Germany" at the time. Because iron curtain.

Thanks for Ashok Gandotra's birth city as well as Country

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:56 am

givemeahug786 wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Paul Terry and Donald Carr were born in West Germany. There was no unified "Germany" at the time. Because iron curtain.

Thanks for Ashok Gandotra's birth city as well as Country

You're welcome Gomez656 ;-)
Elite honesty:

givemeahug786
CF Regular
CF Regular
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:11 am

Did you ever talked with Matthew Sinclair there ?

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 am

would be good if the imbecile shut for a few minutes a day

nice bowling by the Cro

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:34 am

givemeahug786 wrote:Did you ever talked with Matthew Sinclair there ?

before my time
Elite honesty:

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:34 am

Katto wrote:would be good if the imbecile shut for a few minutes a day

nice bowling by the Cro

Going to any cross burnings tonight?

Maybe a Pauline Hanson rally?

Those are good fun ;-)
Elite honesty:

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:39 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:would be good if the imbecile shut for a few minutes a day

nice bowling by the Cro

Those are good fun ;-)

You really are a dumb shit

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:49 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:

Those are good fun ;-)

Of course I am. ;-)

But who is dumber between us?

You're out of your depth Katto. (Seriously).
Elite honesty:

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:15 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

Of course I am. ;-)

You're right. I can't compete with your complete idiocy.

givemeahug786
CF Regular
CF Regular
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:18 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
Of course I am. ;-)

3rd umpire is super duper Dummy

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:32 am

givemeahug786 wrote:
Katto wrote:

3rd umpire is super duper Dummy

19 seconds

maybe they should measure that upstairs too

givemeahug786
CF Regular
CF Regular
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:34 am

Andrew Symonds never ever Drops catches like that, if Finch Dive he can
Reach there easily.

So SA sends miller instead Klassen
Full credit to Aus bowler today - except Stoinis 6 overs 53 or so.may be 72 off 9 if he continues vs set batsman.

Southafrica should includes Behardien
Here but it's too late, he could very handy here, rotate strike plus

Cong for 50's by both Miller & FaF

FaF is HOT today so Rabada should response too
Last edited by givemeahug786 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:38 am

givemeahug786 wrote:Andrew Symonds never ever Drops catches like that, if Finch Dive he can
Reach there easily.

So SA sends miller instead Klassen
Full credit to Aus bowler today

Cong for 50's by both Miller & FaF

FaF is HOT today so Rabada should response too

Andrew Symonds was one of the best fielders to ever play the game.

Most international cricketers would've made a better effort than Finch though. He's not the best in the outfield.

Carey dropped a sitter though. Paine would'nt have dropped that. Wade probably would've.

Verity
CF Champion
CF Champion

Postby Verity » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:46 am

How the f**k is Zampa in this side
Go to Live Games Forum to take part in "I hold a gun to your head" Games.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:52 am

Verity wrote:How the f**k is Zampa in this side

Pat Howard :)

he can't even get a game for his state anymore

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:54 am

Katto wrote:
    Paddles wrote:
    Of course I am. ;-)

Indeed. Who can you compete with?
    Elite honesty:

Katto
    CF Champion
    CF Champion
    Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:55 am

too many runs
    this partnership is killing us

RSA have enough already IMO

Katto
    CF Champion
    CF Champion
    Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:56 am

Paddles wrote:
      Katto wrote:

Congratulations. You win the prize at being the biggest idiot. Put it in your CV.

Katto
      CF Champion
      CF Champion
      Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:59 am

300 in play now

givemeahug786
      CF Regular
      CF Regular
      Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:01 am

Aus can hits 276/285 here
      They win 10 games here in the past.

You need to re- Shuffle batting order on road, that is what india doing, you can do that.
      Last edited by givemeahug786 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katto
      CF Champion
      CF Champion
      Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:02 am

not this Australian team though
      this line up has one batsman

givemeahug786
      CF Regular
      CF Regular
      Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:03 am

You still can win by 7 wickets here you need solid platform first.

Katto
      CF Champion
      CF Champion
      Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:07 am

missed that one by a mile

Katto
      CF Champion
      CF Champion
      Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:08 am

givemeahug786 wrote:You still can win by 7 wickets here you need solid platform first.

Chris Lynn will open but he only has one pace

Katto
      CF Champion
      CF Champion
      Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:11 am

The problem is younger Australian players can only play T20. They don't get enough experience playing one day cricket because of Sutherland's legacy.
      Chasing a big total in a 50 over game is an art. These guys just don't have it.

Paddles
      CF Senior
      CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:14 am

Katto wrote:
      Paddles wrote:

Congratulations. You win the prize at being the biggest idiot. Put it in your CV.

No worries. I'll put it straight after my quals. :-)

Hows your bachelor of KKK looking ;-)
        Last edited by Paddles on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
        Elite honesty:

Katto
        CF Champion
        CF Champion
        Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:15 am

poor decision by Finch to send them in

Australian captains never send the opposition in unless the pitch is a minefield

Katto
        CF Champion
        CF Champion
        Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 am

3 dropped catches were a bit costly