ESPN Cricinfo

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Cash on hand: Locked
Tuvalu

ESPN Cricinfo

Postby Katto » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 am

it appears you can no longer post comments under articles

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Re: ESPN Cricinfo

Postby raja » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Really?
I've never tried - but why would you prevent readers from commenting on a piece?
Overall my visits at cricinfo have reduced considerably, ever since they changed their site last year.
I switched over to cricbuzz then.
There are still some things cricinfo is far better at - stats, archives, articles.
These are what I visit it for.
But, if I want to catch up on live scores or any recent series, it is always cricbuzz now.
Friendlier too, I think.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Re: ESPN Cricinfo

Postby Katto » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:00 pm

raja wrote:Really?
I've never tried - but why would you prevent readers from commenting on a piece?
Overall my visits at cricinfo have reduced considerably, ever since they changed their site last year.
I switched over to cricbuzz then.
There are still some things cricinfo is far better at - stats, archives, articles.
These are what I visit it for.
But, if I want to catch up on live scores or any recent series, it is always cricbuzz now.
Friendlier too, I think.

maybe. Cricinfo is good for stats which I like, but the articles are not written by good cricket journalists.

the comments there could often be somewhat of a cesspit, but that was part of the curiosity I had. I like to gauge what the cesspit is thinking sometimes, although it became more and more predictable.