Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Zimbabwe

Re: England v South Africa 2nd Test at Trent Bridge

Postby Misty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Going South wrote:Keshav mahraj took 3 wickets each innings is the man of match for me. I would wait for couple of more good innings before I pass judgment on him.

For you but not for 3 member panel
Philly is correct M.O.M for his allrounder dis play just like BOTHAM OR KALLIS
Gooch is the Personal Trainer of Tom Westley

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:10 pm

raja wrote:England will win this game.
Am just happy SA have put up a semblance of a fight here.

We all know your repeated BAKWAS when England or Pakistan needs 185 with 3 wickets in hand.
I do not even care what you say, Let me know how you can Swallows 340 runs defeats @WORK today? :srini:

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-s ... 11696.html
Root Shocked on ....... keep read.....

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Why shocked ? That shock if any should be from losing game in dismal way rather than some goody two shoes ex cricketer giving sound bites to make a living at the expense of others.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Reading the cricinfo article it appears that root brands Vaughan as unfair and inaccurate and then goes on to agree with everything Vaughan said.

Clever stuff.....

England had a poor game with the bat and South Africa had a very good game with the bat and ball. I think they enjoyed the better conditions of the two with the best times for batting coinciding with parts of their innings, but that's Test cricket and England need to improve their batting in tough times not wine about conditions.

But we thumped South Africa one test match ago let's not forget, and let's avoid knee jerk naysaying like that which always riddles English cricket punditry. Not that saying that will have any effect....

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Going South wrote:Why shocked ? That shock if any should be from losing game in dismal way rather than some goody two shoes ex cricketer giving sound bites to make a living at the expense of others.

Living at the Expense of others?

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Boycs wrote:Reading the cricinfo article it appears that root brands Vaughan as unfair and inaccurate and then goes on to agree with everything Vaughan said.

Clever stuff.....

England had a poor game with the bat and South Africa had a very good game with the bat and ball. I think they enjoyed the better conditions of the two with the best times for batting coinciding with parts of their innings, but that's Test cricket and England need to improve their batting in tough times not wine about conditions.

But we thumped South Africa one test match ago let's not forget, and let's avoid knee jerk naysaying like that which always riddles English cricket punditry. Not that saying that will have any effect....

This happen 3rd time in quick time
England lost 10 wickets in 95
7 for 60 And now 133.

Something should be done too soon before November.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Just watched some of the highlights of the fourth innings though GS and much of the top order were dismissed by absolute rippers. Balance was pinned back in his crease and Jennings maybe could have defended his pads better but Root was absolutely ripped out and Cook got a nasty short ball that seems to have taken the glove or something as he tried to leave it. Crackerjack bowling.

The lower order just played shots that look awful in hindsight but they were trying to stay positive in a no-hope situation.

So I don't feel horrifically bad about some of the top order wickets. Why, cook was nearing a half century!

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Going South wrote:Why shocked ? That shock if any should be from losing game in dismal way rather than some goody two shoes ex cricketer giving sound bites to make a living at the expense of others.

NEXT TEST after 11 Nights

I am more shocked to know ISHANT SHARMA and MUKUND selected in Indian team for srilanka for 3 test

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Boycs wrote:Reading the cricinfo article it appears that root brands Vaughan as unfair and inaccurate and then goes on to agree with everything Vaughan said.

Clever stuff.....

Any team with Bairstow, Broad, Anderson, Root, Ali and Cook has a chance to win series in England by winning some games. But you have to agree there are some very weak selections, strategy and players being picked by the EWCB.
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:14 pm

I told plus many million says about certain individuals in English team.Eng.vs Pak also 4 test only 2/2 were results I think smart move by ECB once again 4 test series,Westindies will be in England for 3 test,ECB knows the out come of results

Our English supporter predicted 5/0 till they realized its 4 test so they talked about 4/0. they think without ABD and DS, southafrica weak team.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Folks,
Gear up for DAY NIGHT test in England after 30 days on Aug.17,2017

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:06 am

Paddles wrote:

Clever stuff.....

Any team with Bairstow, Broad, Anderson, Root, Ali and Cook has a chance to win series in England by winning some games. But you have to agree there are some very weak selections, strategy and players being picked by the EWCB.

England never Encourage cricketer at their very young age just like Burnham, Rawlins,Currans and others for test matches, their system not accept that way.All those player under pressure to gets even selected in top level English cricket, Gower and John Hampshire were exceptional, I may wrong.Probably Bonham came apt very young age in test cricket @22.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 am

http://www.thecricketlounge.com/wp-cont ... 2/COOK.png

Kaka on right with yellow outfits.A.Cooks brother.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q_-NciuXNqs/T ... s+-+06.jpg
Kaka chasing hot chic so Cecilo, his x wife gave kaka Divorce

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:11 pm

The oddest thing. I wanted to post re second Test but could not find the thread. Anyway the Poms are now reeling after that thumping. Can they regroup. A few new faces could do the trick.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:00 am

baggygreenmania wrote:The oddest thing. I wanted to post re second Test but could not find the thread. Anyway the Poms are now reeling after that thumping. Can they regroup. A few new faces could do the trick.

This is the 2nd Test thread :)